The academic board at the design akademie berlin announced, during its session on 24 July 2013, the following rules for “ensuring food scientific practice” following the recommendations of the German Research Foundation (DFG).
The rules for good scientific practice include general principles for scientific work, thus
- heeding general principles of scientific work (lege artis),
- the responsibility as author for every part of common scientific publications,
- checking all results of an experiment or study and fully documenting these and securing and saving primary data,
- being honest with regard to the contributions of partners, competitors and predecessors as well as third-party donors.
- Further regulations relating to collaboration in work groups, supervision of scientific trainees, security and saving of primary data as well as provision for scientific publications and regulations for false regulations are covered in the senate decision.